We’re asked this question quite often. Anaphylaxis is a serious issue and not to be taken lightly. The crazy thing is, you may not even know you’re allergic to a certain type of insect bite or sting.

According to WebMD, “Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction that needs to be treated right away. If you have an anaphylactic reaction, you need an epinephrine (adrenaline) shot as soon as possible, and someone should call 911 for emergency medical help. Left untreated, it can be deadly.”

This post is not meant to be an exhaustive paper on allergic reactions. It’s simply to answer the question — does Stops the Sting help with an anaphylactic reaction?

The short answer is, it won’t hurt, but you need to do what you need to do. Most folks do have a general idea what kind of reaction they’ll have to a mosquito bite or wasp sting. If it’s serious, we always recommend that you first follow the procedures prescribed by your doctor.  

At this point you can certainly apply Stops the Sting to the affected area. It won’t hurt and may even help. Because Stops the Sting works to neutralize the venom in common insect bites and stings, it may help mitigate the reaction. 

As with any serious issue, be smart about how you handle the situation. 

– Mike & the Sting Stopper Team

 

%d bloggers like this: